Universal Wiser is a publisher of academic open access journals. We aim to make your work be published efficiently by virtue of a convenient submission method, rapid review and satisfactory editing service and under an open access license to enlarge your work availability.
A cover letter must be prepared when submitting articles to help you to convey the work's importance to the editors. You can either put it in the submission system or attach it as a separate file. Generally, a cover letter should contain the following parts:
● the title of the article;
● the name and contact information of the corresponding author;
● the names and affiliation of other authors;
● a brief introduction of the paper including its research significance.
Additionally, you also can provide suggested reviewers to be included or ask individuals to be excluded from peer review with exact reasons in the cover letter. Please note that the cover letter will not be transmitted to peer reviewers.
Since manuscripts formatting can be time-consuming, we aspire to simplify the manuscript submission process by practising a format-free submission policy. Universal Wiser differentiates between the requirements for new and revised submissions. You can submit your manuscript in the original format that will be used in the refereeing process. Only when your paper is at the revision stage, will you be requested to follow our formatting requirements for acceptance and the next publication.
Steps to follow for submitting your manuscripts with free format submission:
Step 1: Ensure the manuscript is prepared as a single file including texts, figures, and tables.
Step 2: Confirm all required sections are included in the manuscript.
(i.e. Abstract, Keywords, Introduction, Materials & Methods, Results, Conclusions, Artwork/Tables with captions, Conflict of interest disclosures and other ethics statements)
Step 3: Verify all cited referencing format is consistent throughout the manuscript. The references may be submitted in any style or format.
(Author(s) name(s), journal title/book title, article title, year of publication, volume & issue /book chapter, and the pagination. Including the DOI and/or URLs is highly encouraged.)
If you are asked to revise your manuscript after editorial or peer review, the journal will request the revised manuscript to be formatted according to our format instructions under journal page.
● Read the Aims and Scope under the journal page to make sure your manuscript is suitable for that journal you are going to contribute.
● The paper has not been published before; nor is it under consideration for publication anywhere else.
● The submission of the paper has been approved by all the authors.
● The paper emanating from a particular institution should be submitted with the approval of this institution.
● The submission file is in Microsoft Word format. If your manuscript contains special characters, equations or any precise formatting that needs to be retained, please submit a PDF of your manuscript for reference in addition to an editable version.
● If available, the URLs for references should be provided.
● The date of receipt established by the official acknowledgment from the editorial office.
● The author agrees with the editorial office to edit the paper for readability.
● If a related paper from the same author is submitted elsewhere while the paper is under consideration at our journal, a copy of the related paper must be sent to the editor to ensure there is no significant overlap between these two papers.
● If the paper includes personal information, please provide a written statement of permission from any person who is quoted. E-mail permission messages are acceptable.
● The editors also reserve the right to reject a paper even after it has been accepted if it becomes apparent that there are serious problems with the scientific content or with violations of our publishing policies.
We provide two ways to submit papers:
1. Register your personal information on the website and contribute as the author.
2. Directly contact our editorial office by mail for submission.
Once you submit your paper, you will usually receive our initial feedback in one or two weeks: Acceptance or Rejection. Please do not call us, we will contact you to inform you of the result.
In order to ensure the originality of the manuscript, we will double-check the manuscript before sending it to peer review. We use iThenticate's CrossCheck software to detect instances of overlapping and similar text in submitted manuscripts. Universal Wiser and our editors take publishing ethics issues very seriously and do not allow plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit to happen.
Peer review is the process of subjecting an author's scholarly work, research, or ideas to the scrutiny of others who are experts in the same field, before a paper describing this work is published in a journal, conference proceedings or as a book. Peer review is designed to assess the validity, quality and often the originality of articles for publication. Its ultimate purpose is to maintain the integrity of science by filtering out invalid or poor quality articles.
Our reviewers mainly come from reviewers working with the journal and reviewers
recommended by the authors. The following is the peer review process of 6 steps:
Step 1: Submission of paper
The author submits the paper to the journal usually via online system under the guidance start with registration till upload file to submit. Occasionally, journals may accept submissions by email to editorial office.
Step 2: Editorial Office Assessment
The editors of the journal check the structure and style of the paper according to the Author Guidance then send the paper to Editor-in-Chief (EIC) if it is suitable. The EIC then checks that if the paper is sufficiently original and interesting. If not, the paper may be rejected without being reviewed any further.
Step 3: Reviewing
EIC or handling editors (editors who handle the peer review) send invitations to appropriate reviewers according to the expertise, conflicts of interest and availability of them. There will be two or three reviewers who at least decide to do the reviewing. EIC or handling editors will set time limits for reviewers to finish the review work. The reviewers review the paper according to the journal review requirements and draw up the review report.
Step 4: Comments from Reviewers
The review report is then submitted to the journal, with a recommendation to accept or reject it – or else with a request for revision (usually flagged as either major or minor) before it is reconsidered.
Step 5: Editor Decision
EIC or handling editors give the final evaluation according to the review report of the reviewers. If the two reviewers disagree significantly, they invite another reviewer to give an additional opinion.
Step 6: Feedback to Authors
The final decision will be forwarded to the author including all the relevant reviewer comments. The comments are anonymous. If accepted, the paper is sent to production. If the article is rejected or sent back for either major or minor revision, the editorial office will give constructive comments from the reviewers to help the author improve the article.
In order to ensure the papers are freely available and maintain publishing quality, Article Process Charges (APC) is applicable to all authors who wish to submit their articles to the journal to cover the cost incurred in processing the manuscripts. Such cost will cover the peer-review, copyediting, typesetting, publishing, content depositing and archiving processes. Those charges are applicable only to authors who have their manuscript successfully accepted after peer-review.
For editorial board members of each journal, discounts or waivers will be granted as the benefit for them. We encourage authors of high quality papers to publish with us without worrying about APC that can't afford. Discounts or waivers may be granted on a case-by-case basis. Applications submitted before article submission are assessed by the Managing Editor based on the quality of the research article and the authors' ability to pay.
● Universal Wiser has instituted a generous waiver policy to support researchers who are unable to afford the article processing charge due to limited funding. Since our main goal is to promote the dissemination of scientific knowledge by publishing high-quality research articles. We are continually pursuing this goal, without putting an undue financial burden on researchers.
● We are committed to be transparent on this issue by ensuring every charges or waiver policy for each journal are clearly displayed on each of journals' page.
Universal Wiser does not require authors to assign copyright of their published original research papers to the journal. Articles are published under a CC BY license (Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License). The CC BY license allows for maximum dissemination and re-use of open access materials and is preferred by many research funding bodies. Under this license, the users are free to share (copy, distribute and transmit) and remix (adapt) the contribution including for commercial purposes, providing they attribute the contribution in the manner specified by the author or licensor (read full legal code).
For both subscription and open access articles, published in proprietary titles, Universal Wiser is granted the following rights:
● The exclusive right to publish and distribute an article, and to grant rights to others, including for commercial purposes.
● For open access articles, Universal Wiser will apply the relevant third party user license where publishes the article on its online platforms.
● The right to provide the article in all forms and media so the article can be used on the latest technology even after publication.
● The authority to enforce the rights in the article, on behalf of an author, against third parties, for example in the case of plagiarism or copyright infringement.
Open Access (OA) refers to free, unrestricted online access to research outputs such as journal articles and books. OA content is open to all, with no access fees. Open access publishing fosters the exchange of research results among scientists from different disciplines, thus facilitating interdisciplinary research. Open access publishing also provides access to research results to researchers worldwide, including those from developing countries, and to an interested general public.
Authors will have copyright but grant broad publishing and distribution rights to the publisher, including the right to publish the article on Universal Wiser online platforms. The author chooses an end user license under which readers can use and share the article. The publisher makes the article available online with the author's choice of end user license.
● The high availability and visibility of authors' articles is guaranteed through the free and unlimited accessibility of the publication over the internet. Open access publications are also more likely to be included in search engines and indexing databases.
● The higher citation impact of open access articles results from their high publicity and availability.
● More efficient publication. Accepted articles are typically published online more rapidly than those of traditional, subscription-based and printed journals.
All journals published by Universal Wiser are Open Access journals. This means that researchers, scholars, students, and interested people from anywhere in the world have rapid access to the latest research through our journals. And all content of our journals is distributed under an open access license. Among these, some OA articles (especially Reviews) may contain figures, tables or text taken from other publications, for which Universal Wiser does not hold the copyright or the right to re-license the published material. Please note that you should inquire with the original copyright holder (usually the original publisher or authors), whether or not this material can be re-used.